BK Dental offers comprehensive dental treatment and diagnosis to patients of all ages in Wood Dale, and all it’s surrounding areas.
Prevention & Diagnosis
The key to maintaining a healthy smile for life is in stopping problems before they start. Regular cleanings, early diagnosis of issues, and corrective action can keep a small cavity from turning into significant decay that may reach the nerve of the tooth. A filling is much less expensive and invasive than a root canal. At BK Dental, our goal is to make your smile as healthy and bright as it can be and then keep it that way. We offer:
- Oral Examinations: By performing a complete oral examination every 6-12 months, any issues can be found early and addressed while they are still in their least invasive phase.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: Catching oral cancers early means less invasive procedures, and a higher rate of treatment success. Cancer screenings are performed at your biannual visits.
- Routine Dental Cleanings: Twice a year cleanings combined with a solid at-home oral hygiene routine is the best way to reduce plaque and minimize the chances of gum disease. Haven’t had a cleaning in a while? Book an appointment today to get back on track with dental health.
- Dentistry for Kids: All kids are welcome at BK Dental, where we believe an early start on oral health is the key to creating smiles that last a lifetime.
- Fluoride Treatment & Sealants: These can help protect teeth against decay getting into tiny crevices and cracks, and reduce the chances of cavities. Ask if either treatment is appropriate for you or your child.
- Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatments: Gum disease is responsible for the majority of premature tooth loss in the U.S. Periodontal treatment in the early stages can stop gum disease without surgery, and help keep your gums, teeth, and supporting jawbone healthy and strong.
Periodontal (Gum Disease) Treatment
Prevention and ongoing treatment of gum disease can help minimize the risk of tooth loss due to periodontitis, alleviate swelling and pain, shrink pockets between the teeth and gums, and correct a “gummy” smile. We offer a variety of treatments to achieve optimal gum health, including:
- Early Diagnosis: Catching gum disease early is key to arresting its advancement and keeping your smile healthy for years. If your gums are tender, bleed constantly when brushed or flossed, or appear to be receding from your teeth, ask for a periodontal evaluation.
- Scaling and Root Planing (deep cleaning): A deep cleaning allows any plaque or calculus below the gumline to be removed, and any infection addressed. The dentist will carefully clean your teeth above and below the gumline, and measure the depth of any periodontal pockets around your teeth where the gum has shrunk away.
- Periodontal (Gum) Maintenance: If you have periodontal disease, you will need constant monitoring and gum maintenance to ensure it does not advance. You may be asked to come in every 3 months for a checkup and treatment.
- Periodontal Surgeries: (to eliminate deep pockets and allow crown lengthening) If necessary, surgery can be performed to address advanced periodontal problems. This surgery can remove diseased tissue, address deep pockets around the gums, and even out the gumline for a more pleasing appearance.
Restorative Dental Procedures
When teeth are lost or damaged, restorative dentistry can return your smile to its former beauty and prevent further damage or decay. Your teeth can be repaired or replaced depending on the kind of issue you are having, and a solution found to restore your appearance and ability to speak, smile, and chew easily and without embarrassment. A variety of restorative solutions are available in our offices, including:
- Dental Implants: This option is the gold standard for tooth replacement, and consists of a titanium post being placed directly into the bone of the jaw to replicate a real tooth root. The post is covered with a dental crown designed to mimic the original tooth for a natural look and feel.
- Crowns, Onlays, & Inlays: The most common restorations, these methods are ideal when a tooth has decay near the surface that needs to be removed. Inlays and onlays are extended fillings that look and feel like your real tooth. Crowns are used when the upper portion of the tooth is severely damaged, a root canal has been performed, or a dental implant has been placed.
- Fixed Bridges: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth begin to migrate into the gap and may become loose themselves. A bridge can prevent arrest this movement, and restore natural chewing function. A fixed bridge may be used to replace one or more teeth, and is usually supported either by attachments on the surrounding teeth or by a dental implant.
- Complete & Partial Dentures: A denture is used when several or all of the teeth are missing in either or both arches. Dentures may be either removable, or fixed with the help of dental implants places in the upper or lower jaw. Dentures are especially helpful for patients who are completely edentulous (toothless).
- Root Canal Therapy: When decay reaches to the nerve of the tooth, a root canal may be required. The infected pulp inside the tooth is carefully scraped out, and a sterile compound used to fill the affected root or roots. The tooth is then covered with a crown to seal it and prevent further infection.
Cosmetic Dental Procedures
In many cases, a smile may be perfectly healthy but the appearance may not be exactly as you desire. Cosmetic dentistry can whiten, straighten, and correct imperfections in your smile, from cracks and chips to stains and gaps. Cosmetic options include:
- Direct Resin Bonding: This option is a specialty at BK Dental. Direct bonding is suitable for all ages, and can be used to restore chipped and misshaped teeth; close gaps and spaces; repair teeth with decay or wear; and restore smiles while allowing for future modifications.
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers can be used to correct a smile that shows too much or too little tooth surface; cover stained or discolored teeth; and correct the appearance of smiles with gaps, crooked teeth, or uneven gumlines.
- Tooth Colored Fillings: These are the best option for teeth that require a new filling, or for replacing old, broken, cracked, or leaking mercury amalgam fillings.
- Porcelain Crowns, Inlays & Onlays: When metal isn’t the most esthetic cosmetic options for a tooth restoration, porcelain can be crafted into crowns, onlays, or inlays that look, feel, and function like your original teeth.
- Porcelain Fixed Bridges: Porcelain can also be used when fabricating fixed bridges, for a smile that looks all-natural and has the same gleam as your natural tooth enamel.
- Smile Makeovers: If you are unhappy with your smile, have severe tooth and gum issues, or have experienced trauma to the mouth or jaw, BK Dental can help. We provide full mouth restoration using whatever procedures are required in unison to develop the smile you deserve.
We also offer Teeth Whitening, ICON – no drill white spot removal, and Trial Smile. Contact us for more information about these cosmetic procedures.
If you or your child experiences an emergency dental situation, you can call BK Dental and ask for an emergency appointment. Dr. Kaltchev and our team will do everything they can to see you as soon as possible, even after hours.
- Dental Emergencies: Maybe your toddler fell and knocked out their front tooth, or you woke up with one side of your face swollen so you can’t chew. Just call us at: (630) 451-8793 and we’ll get you an appointment as soon as possible.
- Complete Denture Reline & Repair: If your denture is broken or worn, causing pain and discomfort, we can repair or reline it for you to restore comfort and give you relief.
- Partial Denture Repair: Broken bridgework constitutes a dental emergency. We can fix your partial denture and help you get back to your normal life as soon as possible.
TMJ pain is caused by misalignment of the jaw, which can lead to pain in the jaw, neck, head, and shoulders; migraines; tooth grinding (bruxism); and difficulty chewing, talking, or sleeping. We offer a variety of non-invasive treatments to alleviate TMJ pain:
- Occlusal Appliances: These appliances help to reposition the jaw, correct alignment, and relieve pain. Worn as directed, they can gradually readjust your jaw position relieving most symptoms of TMJ.
- Night Guards: If you suffer from pain at night or find that you are constantly grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw, a night guard can be custom fabricated to help your jaw relax at night and give you a better rest.
Ready for your next dental appointment? Call BK Dental today at (630) 766-2223.